Jack Frost - William Joyce (2015)

        Snow, ice, sleet, frost... science can have many names for winter phenomenon. But, mythology has one name... Jack Frost. And, here is the tale behind Jack Frost. This book is part of the 'Guardians of Childhood' series.

A tale of cold and warmth


         Jack Frost is one of the guardians of childhood among Santa, Easter Bunny and Tooth Fairy. But he has an another life too, a life with the name "Nightlight".

      During Golden age, it was Nightlight's duty to guard "Man in the Moon", who was a little boy at that time. He promised this to the boy's parents on their oath "Watch over our child". When Pitch, the Nightmare King, tries to capture Man in the Moon, Nightlight fought against Pitch. After the brave battle, he drifted, lost his memory and froze in time, only to wake up one day as a boy, whose touch and breath, could create frost.

        How does this icy boy get the name 'Jackson Overland Frost'? Does he get back the memories of his life as 'Nightlight'? When does he become the guardian of all children?

        Click here for the review of  'A Bean, a Stalk and a Boy Named Jack' by William Joyce.

My Comments:

         There are two primary reasons, why I snatched (Yes!) this book from library, immediately after seeing it: 1. The author,William Joyce (My kids had enjoyed his books, already). 2. The cover image (It was gorgeous. I could not take my eyes off it).

          But, that's not the end, the whole book is sparkling with glowing illustrations. Along with the classic layout and magical narration, the lavish illustrations can take the reader to the mythical land and make us drift in time.

          Also, I have to note here is that the story of Jack Frost is different from the one, we have seen in the 'Rise of the Guardians' movie. This made my kids a little disappointed (Even I too loved the story in the movie with Jack Frost's little sister. That was touching). But, this Jack Frost is sure to capture your minds and eyes, with an array of glowing pictures and dreamy narration.


         Good Books cannot be confined to one single blog. That's why I keep them here too. Click and follow:




4 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your book at the link-up today. I too love the cover of this book, and even though I know we are not to judge a book by it's cover, we do - I would have gravitated towards it too. I don't have smaller children anymore, but one day in the near future I hope to be a Nanna and have great books available to read to them. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment. And, yes, reading children's books with kids, is a great fun. All the best for your children's books' reading days once again.

      Delete
  2. I've heard such good things about William Joyce. I really need to read some of his books! Thanks for sharing this at Booknificent Thursday on Mommynificent.com this week!
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment. And, no doubt, William Joyce is a wonderful author and illustrator. Sure, you will enjoy his books.

      Delete

Please share your thoughts with me